Friday, April 27, 2007

Benson and Dilip

I find myself in a most baffling situation. The task that has befallen me is full of challenges and yet i cannot steer clear of it. What has to be performed must be performed. The intriguing play of fate has lost all charms in my eyes. But now that i have learnt that my sister desired to have me responsible for her baby if something were to happen to her, then so be it.

Last week has been the toughest i have ever had to go through. My first reaction was to give up everything and run away, far far away. However the freaks around me had a sudden brush with sanity and somehow talked me into it. I felt like we were living "three men and a baby", except that there are two and not three here. Though i think we should change her name and call her something cooler like Ashley or Ema. But guess who's vehemently against the idea? Mr. Dilip who else. I wonder if it is the uncanny resemblance between their names that got the guy so frenzied about the idea. Yeah, okay her mother named her and we shouldn't mess with that but what kind of people say stuff like babies can sense their names?

The funniest part is, that if Dilip's parents find out about the baby they'll absolutely and completely freak out. That makes me want to laugh! I have a good mind of dropping in a letter far east. Evil i say...hehe!

But would it be strange for Della to find out one day that her mother and father have been replaced by man and man! Especially with one white man and another Asian.

Thankfully Dilip is a natural with babies.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:09 AM

    hi..its nice to read your stuff but its so difficult for a lay reader to know what context u are writing in...and it is made complex by the fact that the different posts do not seem to have a link with each other...or it might that the narrator is the link but then the tone and content is so amazingly different thats it difficult to find out whats happening...so maybe u should write everything down separately and then connect....and keep the reader in mind when connecting..because the blog should say what you think and feel with suitable supporters for the readers to decipher....i guess thats important...

    but u do have a way with ending your posts...and it has been consistent with all of them...and it is definitely one of the things that makes reading your posts a pleasure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand wht u r sayn but most of the posts r supposed to be unconnected. howeva i shall keep tht in mind for furture.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete