Friday, July 06, 2007

Does your tea smell like sex?

We aren't all tea drinkers in this world. Some say, "chai piyo mast jiyo", while for some it just ain't the taste that gets them going! Vir Sanghvi thinks that the mikaibari darjeeling tea smells like sex but I think that ain't where it stops! If your tea liquor resembles the sight of a sun kissed early morning sky then it sure has got all the thrills of sex! Even the mere thought of dry tea leaves simmering under hot water, arouses all our senses. The tantalizing aroma of a bubbling hot pot of tea is absolutely irresistible. The British gave it to us but i think we do the tea better than anyone. In India, tea can be found in its various avatars. While some like the sugary sweet, milky dhaba tea some would just reject it as sheer blasphemy! But I think each has its unique characteristics, and ruling it out simply on such grounds is unfair. One must be open to the various interpretations of the tea! After all we can't blatantly ignore the famous yak milk tea of Ladakh! Sources tell me that its salty and pretty disgusting to taste. Well i guess that's where the sex turns into a nightmare! But I am sure its got its fans too.

I think of tea as a must have for rainy days, along with hot boiled corn glazed with melted butter. I think of tea, as an indispensable companion of every Sunday evening get-together. I think of tea with a hint of fresh lemon grass when I am blue. I think of tea along with fragrant lime, mint leaves and crushed ice when its hot. I think of tea as the best part of every heated discussion. I think of tea to go along with warm cakes. I think of tea and roots of ginger as therapeutic on damp winter days. I think of tea, strongly made with generous quantities of milk and sugar when i am stressed. I think of tea in a large ceramic mug, warming my hands when i am contemplating. I think of tea accompanying a warm glowing cigarette pressed between my fingers. Its almost orgiastic! I think of tea as the scintillating mistress of the moon lit evenings. I think of tea, the very first thing every morning :)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:49 PM

    Beautiful article and your description is itself sexy as the travel and living man said. Great article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:49 AM

    I prefer coffee.


    (grins)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish sex smelled as good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:41 AM

    doodh piyo, it's good for your bones! :P

    (aside: I've already commented on this? how many centuries old is this post? you need to write more!)

    ReplyDelete