Wednesday, November 29, 2006

No one likes poor Jimmy. Except...me!

Its quite strange how of all the people i ended up liking Jimmy. Enough to even surprise me! Lord! This is blasphemous i know, but there is something about Jimmy that makes me like him unlike all. Maybe its because the uncanny resemblance between the two of us. But its not just Jimmy I think am also a little bit of Alison, bit of Cliff. But definitely not Helena. Maybe thats cause she is the villain in my head and hence i'd refrain from drawing parallels. No, but i genuinely think am not Helena.
I believe, we all are anything but uni-dimensional and everyone has just about a million "I"s to their self. Or maybe its just an attempt of mine to say that even though i see the link between Jimmy and me, I still have another side to me which will compunsate for this one. Maybe, dont know.
Something i could really relate to was the trivia in the play. Trivia works really well for us and yet we call it "trivia". How ironic is that? But at times I hate Jimmy, I hate him to the extent that i hate to accept that there is some part of me which is like him. Mr. Osborne has got this girl in quite a spot but i liked his play. For God sake am blogging about it, it obviously needs to hold some significance!
Somehow i feel i understand Jimmy, understand why he behaves the way he does; but then again somewhere he betrays that thought. But the angst he reflects is very real, i feel it is. And i think to myself that all the bastards who say they see angst in my writing, should be slapped but maybe am also all talk. After all if i really wanted i could just do the real job than write about it. I regret that and I hate regretting in general.
I feel I haven't been able to sum up my feelings on the subject of the parallelism between Jimmy and me. But this could be reflective of the sub-conscious taking over the conscious and making me avoid the undesirable to be exposed. Hahaha....the more i write the more confusing it gets. But I shan't just priviledge Jimmy, Alison and Cliff are in me as well.
Something i hate about Jimmy is that he makes pregnancy seem like a disease..."that bulge below her belly..." I find that grotesque. Also Unlike Jimmy, I think am more asexual than sexual like him....or maybe not and i just dont know of it. Wow! am amused at my self discoveries!
Alison and Jimmy make the perfectly hopeless couple and thats what i like about them. I really liked the play and i feel if i dont't stop this will go on. forever. and we'll get on to waiting for Godot!

No comments:

Post a Comment