Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Knowledge percolating to the floor

There are somthings that you can never understand without experiencing them. And I too had an epiphany today. I realised that things that we take for granted, things which seem so awfully petty, may actually be somthing really really priceless. Its right there in front of you, waiting for you to realise what lies deeper beneath the skin.
Education is a weapon more fearsome than Hector's sword, it is an armour more solid that achilles's armour. I love knowledge, and so do we all....though some love consciously and some don't.
I had heard of the ancient methodology of teachings, the guru shishya relationship of the gurukul but all that has transformed into somethingelse now. Not that i curb either or propagate any, just that being in the 21st century it is very difficult for me to comprehend what it was like to study in the ancient times, the way they did.
What at first seems more like an orthodox and rather austere methodology, may not necessarily be so. I may not agree with each and every nitty-gritty of that system but there is omething about it, for it produced such great scholars for our country. But of course the world is changing and along with it evrything else needs to fashion itself accordingly too.
Well getting straight to the point, let me tell you, that today when I was sitting on the floor in the class to study, i was worrying about back support at first! But As the class progressed I started deriving this immense pleasure out of that physical positioning of mine. Its not an unusual thing, i know you are thinking of that and people quite often do sit on the floor; but i saw it differently. I suddenly felt like a child, a trivial entity looking up at the face of knowledge. I felt divinal powders falling on my head! I realised how small i was in front of knowledge and yet she was opening her arms to embrase me. I realised how poor i was in front of the person imparting knowledge and yet she was sprinkling her treasures over me.
I looked up in awe, admiration and enchantment......i was spell bound. For such a simple thing which i did unconsciously gave me my epihany. I saw knowledge percolating to the floor.

4 comments:

  1. nice thinking,,
    so knowledge is light right

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:33 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:33 PM

    knowledge is ignorance

    ReplyDelete
  4. philosophy-love of knowledge
    wats ur philosophy

    lol
    hahahahahah

    ReplyDelete