Friday, June 01, 2007

5 Best Romantic Movies

So i just finished watchin When Harry met Sally and thought it would be quite interesting to put down a list of five best romantic movies. Of course this list is mine and my prejudices ought to be at work here! hehe! Well i have quite a few of my favorites to mention here but it is hard to put them in any order of sorts, so i am just gonna bring em up without rating them.
Starting with Dirty Dancing - yes it has been a favorite of mine since quite some time and i have seen it again and again, almost everyday thanks to zee studio. I dunno why i like this movie, i can't express it in words but i sure do know that by the time we reach the ending i am taken over by this triumphant feeling that actually goes beyond the ordinary sense of "triumphant feeling"!
Love love love the last dance. It totally takes my breath away! Gosh i can't believe i wrote so badly and inadequately about one of my most favorite movies. My feelings for this movie cannot be tapped in words, its just that i like it a lot. Why, I dunno myself.

Now, moving on to my latest favorite, Love Actually - One of the primary factors that makes this movie so beautiful is the British accent....hahahha..so awfully silly, but that's what makes me crazy about Notting Hill....Hugh Grant kick starting the film with his breathtaking soliloquy in his extremely sexy British accent! haha! Getting back to Love Actually, ummm....yes apart from that, the background score is an absolute winner...its different, its rare and its just the way i like it! It becomes even better because of Colin Firth who is just phenomenal in the film, especially after playing Mr. Darcy, seeing him do Jamie was so cool. And I guess I have made it quite evident that I have quite a huge crush on him! Aurelia and Jamie were the cutest couple, with their little language issue going on. Colin Firth's language school scenes were so funny! Hugh Grant's dance was a killer concoction of "sexy-sweet" and undoubtedly got me into splits. Keira Knightly's track was one of the best, she looked gorgeous. The little kid's part was also one of my favorites. Claudia Schiffer bit was just hilarious! The last scene is the cherry on the cake.

Ok now is the turn of When Harry met Sally. I know why i like this movie. I like it because of Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan. Billy Crystal more...no Meg Ryan more...urghhh can't decide. Actually this movie is so wonderful because of both Harry and Sally, and the way they are. Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan just pulled it off really really well.

And now i am in a fix between Notting Hill and Pretty Woman. Pretty Woman was like my introduction to romantic movies so its quite special. Besides it is pretty damn good! We all love Pretty Woman, it is such a feel good movie and so is Notting Hill. Both have the "wish fulfillment" motif built in and its a formula that is highly appealing to all human beings so one can't go wrong there. The fantastic element of the films make em so popular because we all love fairytales. But i would still say that i hold Pretty Woman at a much higher place than Notting Hill.

Ah now to my summer holidays special! I saw While you were sleeping one summer and fell in love with it. It is such a sweet movie. Its a simple story but well told. It doesn't have fancy costumes or locations or anything but it still is so cute. Its a very special film for me. It makes me very happy!

But, Love Actually has the most effective feel good factor; for me at least.
So these were a couple of my favorite romantic movies. Everyone need not agree with it or may find it a perfect replica of their list but these are still very popular movies that i have spoken about, there are some movies that i love which people haven't even heard of!

No comments:

Post a Comment